This journal was created in the hopes of demystifying the misconceptions about rape culture and sexual assault, particularly on college campuses.
Survivors within the University of New Mexico campus share their untold stories here.
This online community serves as a gathering place for those whose lives have been affected by sexual violence.
Topics of discussion may include:
- Personal Experience
- Rape Culture
- Anti-violence Activism
- Violence and Health
According to RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
- 80% of sexual assault victims are under the age of 30
- ~ 2/3 of rapes are committed by someone the victim knows
- College women are 4x more likely to be sexually assaulted than any other age group
- Every 2 minutes, someone in the US is sexually assaulted
According to PAVE (Promoting Awareness Victim Empowerment)
- Hate crimes against the LGBT community oftentimes include rape as a form of “punishment” for what the perpetrators view as the victim’s sexual transgressions.